The County of Paintearth issuing a Fire Advisory, effective October 30, 2023.
Fire permits will now be issued by the County of Paintearth No.18 and will remain in effect until further notice.
Fires are only to be burned in approved fire pits, approved incinerators or approved burning barrels as per County Bylaw 675-19.
"Acceptable Burn Barrel" means an outdoor receptacle that meets the following specifications:
- a minimum of 3 (three) meters clearance measured from the nearest edge of the Burn Barrel to a building, property lines, or other combustible material;
- equipped with an expanded metal spark arrestor mesh screen with openings no larger than 16mm (0.6 inches), secured in place with latches or weights; constructed of non-combustible material;
- not located over underground utility services or under aboveground wires;
- is supervised at all times by a responsible person until such time that the fire in the Burn Barrel has been A fire shall be deemed to include hot ashes and smoldering embers resulting from the fire; and
- is used to burn non-prohibited
"Fire Pit" means a non-combustible structure or container located on public or private property, used for recreation purposes and constructed in accordance with this By-law.
- a fire pit shall be constructed with non-combustible materials,
- the maximum external dimension of the Fire Pit shall not be greater than one meter,
- a fire pit shall be covered by a substantial screen or grate with openings not to exceed 16mm (0.6 inches) in any dimension,
- a fire pit shall not be located closer than 3 meters (10 feet) from a property line and two meters from any combustible material, including, but not limited to buildings, structures, fences, patio decks and foliage as measured from the nearest fire pit
- a fire pit shall not be located less than 6 meters (2 feet) laterally from an underground utility line.
"Incinerator Fire" means a fire that is confined within a non-combustible container or barrel with opening; covered with a heavy gauge metal screen having a mesh size not larger than 13 millimeters and which is ventilated in such a manner as to preclude the escape of combustible materials, including ash.
The County of Paintearth is urging residents to be fire safe and ensure the all fires are supervised and under control at all times. Burning is ONLY to be done with extreme care and caution. Be aware that weather will determine if the County of Paintearth returns to a Fire Restriction.