The County of Paintearth is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable Journeyman Welder to join our shop Mechanical team.
The Successful individual reports to the Shop Manager. This Individual will be responsible for all welding repairs, fabricating new parts, ordering all inventory, and following all safe work procedures at the county welding shop and in the field. The County of Paintearth No. 18 has a comprehensive benefits plan and participates in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. The salary gird is between $38.50 and $47.35 per hour. 40 hours per week with the I.U.O.E. Local No.955.
- Valid Certified Alberta Journeyman Welding Certificate with Inter Provincial certificate
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience in all methods and techniques of welding and fabrication
- “B” Pressure certification are considered an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to deal effectively with people.
- Experience welding in all types of Heavy-Duty Construction equipment, Aluminum, Hard Surfacing, Air Arc, Plasma Cutting, and Lathe Machining.
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Drivers abstract will be required
- Successful applicants must successfully complete a Pulmonary Function Test
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications
All positions with the County of Paintearth will be under the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 955.
Interested individuals are invited to forward resume with references by 4:00 pm, April 17th, 2020, to:
Attention Journeyman Welder Opportunity
County of Paintearth No. 18
Hwy 12 & TWP 374
Castor, AB T0C 0X0